- Freelance / Interim
- 20 uur pw, 36 mnd
System Engineer / Developer Land Information System
Description of the project in which the employee is put to work:
In the past Kadaster has developed a Land Administration and information System, called LAIS, for the government of Rwanda, especially the organization National Land Centre, responsible for land governance at that time. Nowadays the organization Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority (RLMUA) is responsible for land governance and owner of the LAIS system. The IT department, to support RLMUA in that, is located in the Ministry of Environment.
The LAIS system is of great importance to the economy of the country. The LAIS system is connected to several other systems within the government, like NIDA (Person registration) and will be connected to other systems in the future, in order to secure the integrated availability of information, based on the boundaries of the Cadastral Parcel.
The LAIS is system is developed from about 2009 and onwards and has an Administrative part, where the information about the Parcels and the Rights of Persons (Natural and Non-natural (Organizations) are recorded and a GIS part where the boundaries of the parcels are recorded. Both parts of the system are integrated for some transactions like division of parcels, merging and boundary correction. Transactions can be started form the IREMBO portal as well as directly from LAIS. The aim is to make it possible that all transactions can be started from IREMBO. at the end of the transactions that will change the rights for a parcel, a (new) Certificate (title) will be printed for the owners of the Parcel. The aim is to create an E-title in the future.
Land at Scale
The project for which the function is required, is part of a Land-at-scale project of the Dutch Kadaster with Rwanda as the beneficiary. (See https://english.rvo.nl/subsidies-programmes/land-at-scale). One of the activities is ‘making existing and new land-based investments inclusive and sustainable’.
As stated before, Kadaster has no System development for other organizations as part of the policy. Kadaster doesn’t want other organizations being dependent on it for the maintenance of its applications. This makes the goal for this part of the Land @ Scale project, that RLMUA is able to maintain the LAIS system by herself.
In order to achieve this goal, strictly conditions are set to RLMUA to make sure that developers, that can take over the system maintenance, are available on time. If not, the support will stop before the goal has been reached.
The LAIS system as mentioned before has an Administrative part (called LAIS admin) and a GIS part (called LAIS-GIS), that are seamless integrated. Each of them has their own kind of transactions, however all transactions will start from LAIS admin side and end at LAIS admin side.
The LAIS admin part has been rewritten in 2018. The IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is a tool used for writing code. The whole system was developed using either Visual Studio Code or NetBeans. All source code is stored and managed on Gitlab.com using git repositories.
LAIS GIS is composed of 2 major components that interact and depend on each other.
1. ArcMap Extension: This is ArcMap extension used to manage the workflow of all transactions through the system. It is build using Arc Objects and can be accessed by all authorised users at RLMUA and their satellite offices elsewhere – provided they are connected to RLMUA through a VPN infrastructure.
2. Webservice: The webservice provides images of the parcels and or transactions.
As development environment for C# Microsoft visual studio 2017 is used. Arc Objects API’s are available through Arc Objects SDK. The extension for ArcMap is built in C# using ArcObject API
NPGSQL is used for communication with PostgreSQL DB
For the execution of the project activities in the Land at Scale project in Rwanda, you as System engineer / developer are the designated person to realise the project objectives on behalf of Kadaster International.
This has to be done in strong cooperation with the System engineer – GIS developer. You will be guided for the work by the Business / IT architect from Kadaster.
The work should of course be done in cooperation with the developers of the Ministry of environment. The tasks will change during the time form developing into guiding and controlling the developers of the Ministry into advising the regarding developers. Training on the job is part of the tasks. Reporting has to be done to the project manager of Kadaster International.
The most important tasks and responsibilities are:
- Development of system functions as part of LAIS (new functionality or upgrade of existing functionality);
- Writing documentation of the system;
- Training of the developers of the Ministry of environment about the LAIS system, including the interconnectivity with other systems. Training on the job or theoretical;
- Guiding of the developers;
- Advising the developers , based on their requests;
- Contribute to the assessment of the quality of the employees to be hired by the Ministry (if requested) or report about the quality, if this is not enough in order to reach the goal.
The Netherlands’ Cadastre, Land Registry and Mapping Agency – in short Kadaster – collects and registers administrative and spatial data on property and the rights involved. This also goes for ships, aircrafts and telecom networks. Doing so, Kadaster protects legal certainty. We are also responsible for national mapping and maintenance of the national reference coordinate system. Furthermore, we are an advisory body for land-use issues and national spatial data infrastructures.
Our information is available predominantly through online web services, including information on energy labels of houses and underground cables and pipelines. Our main customer groups are civil-law notaries, local authorities, businesses, financial institutions and private individuals. Kadaster maintains the Key Registers Cadastre and Topography.
Kadaster performs its public tasks in service of society. This is reflected in the way we are organised and the ways in which we publicly account for how we work.
- ou only add one English-language CV of maximum 3 A4 pages. This resume should show that you meet the requirements below. If, in the opinion of Kadaster, you do not meet the requirements, your offer will be set aside and will not be included in the assessment of the award criteria. Below are the requirements the candidate must meet. For each requirement, you explain (briefly) why you believe the candidate meets it. Referring to the CV is not sufficient.
- You will be able to demonstrate previous or current active contribution on development of Land Administration Information Systems
- You have at least 1 year experience in international consultancy in African countries, preferable in Rwanda and/or in English spoken countries, on the subjects of land administration or NSDI
- You have at least 1 year experience in preparing training and training in the field of developing Land Administration Systems.
- You have at least 1 year experience in developing Land Administration Information Systems (for foreign institutions) for the Admin part with secure connection to the GIS part. This should have resulted in a well known and well used Land Administration and Information System, that is still in use. (demonstrable)
- For the Admin part you’ve at least demonstrable experience with at least 80 % of the tools that are mentioned before for the administrative part.
- Have at least demonstrable experience in development of a secure and sustainable interaction between GIS and Admin part of Land Administration Systems
- Highly preferable is experience with the development of the present LAIS Information system. This prefers because the goal is to hand over the knowledge of the system to the Ministry of environment.
- Competencies, the candidate should have:
- Analytical ability;
- Didactic skills;
- Intercultural communication and strong written and oral skills in at least English.
- Standplaats Kigali (Rwanda)
- Startdatum 08-12-2021
- Einddatum 30-11-2024
- Optie tot verlenging no
- Uren per week 20
Van loondienst naar zelfstandiger?
Ben je nog in vaste dienst, maar je wilt als zzp' er voor jezelf beginnen? Spannende beslissing! Wij helpen je graag bij de overstap van een vaste baan naar een zzp, freelance, interim of detachering opdracht!